WHO WE ARE
We are an independent, fundamental Baptist church dedicated to the great commission.
- We are autonomous and do not belong to any denomination or governing board.
- We stick to the truths of the Bible and it is the foundation for what we believe. We understand it in it’s literal, historical, and grammatical context. Man’s opinion or a church’s creed will not dictate our beliefs.
- We practice water baptism by immersion after salvation and hold to the Baptist distinctives .
- We are members of an assembly of saved baptized believers.
The Great Commission
- It is a the last command given by Jesus. We are to go out into all the world and share the good news of Jesus’ death burial and resurrection, baptizing believers, and teaching them the Word of God.
- Bible is the only rule for faith and practice
- Autonomy of the Local Church
- Priesthood of the believer (We have the authority to come into God’s presence,to read His word, and to worship and commune with Him.)
- Two ordinances: Baptism and the Lord’s Supper
- Individual soul liberty (Every individual has the liberty to choose what his conscience or soul dictates is right according to scripture.)
- Separation of Church and State
- Two Scriptural offices in the Local Church: Pastor(s) and Deacons
- Security of the believer who is saved by grace through faith (He cannot lose his salvation.)
We are Baptist by conviction not denomination and proud of our heritage and the history and testimony of those, who from the time of Christ have stood for and even died for these beliefs and convictions.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- The sixty-six books of the Old and New Testament are the completed Word of God and are both verbally and equally inspired by God. Because the Scriptures are inerrant, infallible, and God-breathed, they are the final authority for faith and practice. (II Tim. 3:16-17; II Peter 1:20-21) The KJV is our official translation.
- There is one Triune God, eternally existing in three co-equal persons – the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19; II Cor. 13:14; John 14:10, 26)
- Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, was born of a virgin, paid for the redemption of mankind through His death on the cross, rose from the dead on the third day, and ascended to heaven to be exalted at the right hand of God. (Is. 7:14; John 1:1-2; Acts 2:18-36; Heb. 9:24)
- The Holy Spirit is a person who convicts mankind of sin, acts as a supernatural agent in salvation, and assists in understanding of God’s Word. (John 16:8-11; Eph. 1:17-18) We reject the practice and doctrine of the modern Charismatic Movement. The office of the apostle and the authenticating sign gifts gradually ceased with the completion of the New Testament. (1 Cor.13:8-10)
- Man was created in the likeness of God and because of Adam’s sin, the human race inherited a sin nature and depraved condition unable to remedy that lost condition. (Gen. 1:26-27; Eph. 2:1-3)
- Salvation is a gift from God by His grace and received by personal faith in Christ. (John 1:12; Eph. 1:7; Eph. 2:8-10, 1 Cor. 15:1-4)
- The believer is kept by God’s power and faith alone in Christ’s redemptive work. (I Peter 1:4-5)
- The local church is made up of a group of saved, baptized individuals and is autonomous in nature. (Eph. 1:22-23; I Peter 5:1-4)
- Water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are the two church ordinances (Matt. 28:19-20; Acts 2:41-42; 18:18; 1 Cor. 11:23-26) Baptism is by immersion after salvation. We reject infant baptism and any form of sprinkling for infants or adults.
- Believers ought to live a life in a manner that would not bring a reproach to Christ. (I John 2:15-17)
- Christ will personally and imminently return in the rapture prior to the seven year tribulation period. (I Thess. 4:13-18)
- There will be a bodily resurrection of all men. Those who are saved will be resurrected to heaven; those who are unsaved will be eternally condemned to a literal hell. (Rev. 20:5-6, 12-13)
- Satan is a person and the declared enemy of God. He is the author of sin, responsible for the fall of mankind, and will be eternally punished in the lake of fire. (Job 1:6-7; Is. 14:12-17; Rev.20:10)
- God created the universe in six literal twenty-four hour periods. (Gen. 1, 2; Ex. 20:11)
For a more complete and detailed statement of beliefs, you may request a copy of our church constitution
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are a traditional, conservative church. We use the King James Bible version and embrace the traditional hymns. Families are vital to our church and children are welcomed openly. Members are warm and welcoming to everyone who comes.